“Understanding Allergies” is a useful guide to help you understand different types of allergies, allergy symptoms, how allergies are diagnosed, treatment options, and how to manage your allergies.
Included in this guide is information regarding:
- How the immune system handles allergens
- How an allergic reaction occurs
- The difference between outdoor and indoor allergens
- How your nose filters, adds moisture, and warms air
- A chart to help determine if symptoms are allergies, a cold, flu, or sinusitis
- Information on allergy testing
- Which allergy medication is right for you
- How weather affects allergies
- Indoor air cleaners
- Tips of managing allergies
- Allergy Dictionary
- Shared Decision Making Tool
- Rhinitis Control Assessment Tool (RCAT)
- Allergy quiz
- Additional resource links to websites and publications
- Let’s Breathe Better Together!
Allergy & Asthma Network is the leading nonprofit patient outreach, education, advocacy and research organization for people with asthma, allergies and related conditions.
Our patient-centered network unites individuals, families, healthcare professionals, industry leaders and government decision makers to improve health and quality of life for the millions of people affected by asthma and allergies.
An innovator in encouraging family participation in treatment plans, Allergy & Asthma Network specializes in making accurate medical information relevant and understandable to all while promoting standards of care that are proven to work. We believe that integrating prevention with treatment helps reduce emergency healthcare visits, keeps children in school and adults at work, and allows participation in sports and other activities of daily life.